Friday, July 26, 2019

The Friday Buzz! Collapsible Water Bottles, Grilling Eggs, and Cookbooks Galore!

Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this fabulous week… Collapsible Water Bottles, Grilling Eggs, Cookbooks Galore, and more!

Ack! July is almost over and I just finished my third trip of the month and have one left to go! It’s been super busy, and I’m looking forward to a relaxing August. I’m envisioning lotsa trips to the coast, and yes, I said COAST!

Remember, I’m in Oregon, so we live the “coast life”… not the beach life. We show up with jackets and pants and bring plenty of blankets. The first dip into the ocean is absolutely frigid, but pretty soon, it just numbs your feet right up and you can splash for a few hours! P.S. This is my favorite beach so far! Have you ever been? Our friend, Bev over at Bev Cooks just spent a month there and wrote about her stay. You should definitely check it out.

Want to know what else you should check out? What’s going on with our Simply Recipes Team! It’s so fun to chat with them (virtually, of course) and hear about what they’re diggin’ as humans!

OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK

  • Cool & Collapsible: Megan introduced us to these leak-proof, collapsible water bottles. I may have ordered 328 immediately because they are the coolest things around!
  • Grilling is thrilling! Have you ever made grilled eggs?! They sound quite interesting, but I’m always up for trying new things! You know what I’ll be doing this weekend!
  • Meme Mania! Summer stumbled upon Meme Appetit on Instagram—memes from Bon Appetit‘s videos–and has declared it to be the greatest treasure known to humankind.
  • Blueberries Year-Round: Our contributor Sally Vargas just released a The Blueberry Cookbook and it’s must for blueberry lovers!
  • Tasting Pennsylvania: Also…. Carrie will soon be releasing her cookbook Tasting Pennsylvania! It looks FABULOUS. You go, girl!
  • Queen of Comfort: I’ve fallen down an Amazon clothes shopping rabbit hole. I’ve been living in this dress all summer long and have no plans to stop. It’s cute AND comfy, which means you can’t go wrong with that!
  • Life Before Cell Phones… Just in case you needed a good laugh today, I thought this was pretty funny!

MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM

I was shocked when a few people commented on how they would skip the bacon in this guacamole. Hold up. SKIP THE BACON?! I thought bacon was supposed to make everything taste better. Weigh in here about what you think.

READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK

Sher commented on our Swedish Meatballs and said:

Fantastic! I have made these three times now, in 5 weeks. I had a recipe years ago and remembered that it included Holland House white cooking wine and dried onions so the last 2 times I prepared this I sautéed 2 tablespoons grated onion, 2 Tablespoons dried onion and I poured in 1/3 cup of cooking wine and let cook a couple minutes, right before I added the beef stock. I love it both ways but do think that the wine adds some zing to the sauce. when I use wine I also cut the sour cream in half. Thank you so much!!! Best Swedish meatballs recipe I have found in 15 yrs.

Making a dish three times in five weeks is definitely something! So glad you loved it, Sher!

Cheers to a scorching weekend. Stay cool!

Continue reading "The Friday Buzz! Collapsible Water Bottles, Grilling Eggs, and Cookbooks Galore!" »



from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8174097 https://www.simplyrecipes.com/the_friday_buzz_collapsible_water_bottles_grilling_eggs_and_cookbooks_galore/

No comments:

Post a Comment